Buy or Pass?

dark_phoenix

Reputable
Feb 18, 2015
Hi all. My laptop recently took a hit and I'm looking for a decent gaming computer. I found one with the following specs:

Asrock Fm2a55m-dgs motherboard
AMD A6-5400K cpu
8gb ram
HD 5870 gpu
160gb hard drive with Windows 7 Ultimate
500watt psu
CD/DVD drive
USB WiFi card

In your professional opinions, what should I pay considering these facets? I consider myself technologically impaired so any input is much appreciated!

Solution
Pass. You don't want an APU for a gaming PC. A USB network dongle will be slow and subject to interference due to miserable antenna(s). The PSU is an unknown; probably not too awful if it has been powering a HD5870, but it may also have been "rode hard and put away wet."
Pass. You don't want an APU for a gaming PC. A USB network dongle will be slow and subject to interference due to miserable antenna(s). The PSU is an unknown; probably not too awful if it has been powering a HD5870, but it may also have been "rode hard and put away wet."

Solution

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Agreed, Pass.

I would be suspicious of anyone who is selling a mediocre computer with an APU, and an older Radeon graphics card. Seems like it might be scrapped together from old parts. Windows 7 Ultimate license alone is worth quite a bit, my guess is that it isn't a legitimate copy.

dark_phoenix

Reputable
Feb 18, 2015
Diablotek 500 watt psu, for clarification. I haven't checked on the legitimacy of Windows 7. He's asking $275 OBO. I've asked a few questions but no response as of yet....though it seems the consensus is to pass. Much help, appreciated!

dark_phoenix

Reputable
Feb 18, 2015
Thanks folks... I can't afford a high quality gaming PC at the moment and am feigning for game play but sounds like I will pass on this and save up or find something temporarily suitable.

TRENDING THREADS