buy RAM with higher speed, i5 8600k cpu

Feb 5, 2019
Hey i have a i5 8600k cpu @ 3.60Ghz // gtx 1070 Ti 8gb. // 32gb 2400mhz ddr4 ram. (8gbx4) // motherboard= ASUSTeK Z370-P
My question is will upgrading to 3000Mhz ddr4 ram increase game performance and maybe also fix fps drop problem in games like Rust ? i am not thinking of overclocking my regular RAM cause it may cause blue screens etc. let me know!

Feb 5, 2019
i have contacted the ones that sold me this computer that a 3000mhz should fit with my motherboard. i know though that i have to go into bios when upgrading ram and fix XMP setting

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!
3000mhz ram will work with that motherboard but that will not affect performance the way you expect it would. In fact you'd likely not even notice the difference.

You should focus on the games you have to find your issue. o you have FPS problems in all games or just Rust? Rust has some optimization issues from what i know.

I don't think ram speed would solve your issue.

you'd better off getting a good CPU cooler and oc your CPU. I think z370-p is a budget option z370 board, so you may have to zip tie a 7mm fan over the vrm heatsink to cool the vrms.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

Neither are well optimized, and both are online. I'd look to your internet connection, or connection to their servers as your issue.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

use speedtest.net to test your speed. If your speed is poor and doesn't compare to what your internet provider says, call them.

As for connection to the game, some games have a connection test option, I don't play either game so I can't tell you further on that.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

Well thats your internal network speed, and it looks fine. Ethernet is jumping like that because its waiting for outside data. Either the game or your network service.

Can you share your speedtest results?

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

Again, not necessarily. Thats most likely a symptom not a cause.

Are there any OTHER online games you play that does not have such lag?

Feb 5, 2019
CS GO, Path of Exile, Black Dessert Online, Ring of Elysium does not have these fps drops but some other online games has some small fps drop but nothing in the range of Rust or Legends of Aria. Albion Online, Runescape and Fallen Earth has some small fps drops. so some games work good others not so good

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

So that tells me its the game. I would contact their tech support.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

Not sure what the tongue is supposed to mean in this case, but its clear based upon the information you've given that you have no hardware problems, nor is your internet service to blame. The best place to get help is the developer of the game.

Feb 5, 2019
It means nothing special. like a "funny" face. i didnt know the smiley would look like that . thanks for your time though. yeah Rust is known for its fps drop so im not the only one. and Legends of Aria as well is very badly optimized still however some ppl still dont experience these fps drop also in Rust

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

No problem hopefully they can get the game fixed up for you