Question Buy SN850 64.99 USD or WD SN550 42.99 USD or SK hynix Gold P31 55.99 500GB for Laptop Use or pay 83 USD for SN550 1TB ?

edo101

Honorable
Jul 16, 2018
Hi my laptop is limited on space with a 128GB that I've been managing for years now. I see some nice deals but can't decide on which. The laptop is a THinkpad Yoga 370 which runs well for my needs and of course doesn't use Gen 4 PCI-E as its 7th gen on an i5-7200U. I use my laptop for coding, browing. Nothing gaming related

I might upgrade laptop in a couple of years not sure. I typically tend to buy my laptops from ebay used. Always Thinkpads since they are durable and usually cheap at a deal after a couple of years. Anyways wanted to get opinion.

If I do upgrade to a different laptop in a couple of years if it has a smaller capacity, I'll prbly just transfer the M2 or move it to my 10th Gen 10850K main rig as a gaming storage if the "new laptop's" storage is bigger

Hi my laptop is limited on space with a 128GB that I've been managing for years now. I see some nice deals but can't decide on which. The laptop is a THinkpad Yoga 370 which runs well for my needs and of course doesn't use Gen 4 PCI-E as its 7th gen on an i5-7200U. I use my laptop for coding, browing. Nothing gaming related

I might upgrade laptop in a couple of years not sure. I typically tend to buy my laptops from ebay used. Always Thinkpads since they are durable and usually cheap at a deal after a couple of years. Anyways wanted to get opinion.

If I do upgrade to a different laptop in a couple of years if it has a smaller capacity, I'll prbly just transfer the M2 or move it to my 10th Gen 10850K main rig as a gaming storage if the "new laptop's" storage is bigger
Choices.
Do you want to buy for today or buy for tomorrow?
Personally I don't pay much attention to this pcie3/4/5/6/7 stuff.
Very few users would see a diff between 3 and 7.

Size?
Your back to buy for today or buy for tomorrow.

Bottom line is .......your call.

edo101

Honorable
Jul 16, 2018
Choices.
Do you want to buy for today or buy for tomorrow?
Personally I don't pay much attention to this pcie3/4/5/6/7 stuff.
Very few users would see a diff between 3 and 7.

Size?
Your back to buy for today or buy for tomorrow.

Bottom line is .......your call.

I guess I wanna maximize my price per performance. I am not sure if I'd need some Gen 4 technology down the road a gen 3 might not be able to have. THoguh I don't see myself upgrading either my laptop or Desktop soon. Mabe in 3 years?

edo101

Honorable
Jul 16, 2018
Ok I guess I would want to lean toward the Hynix but it's only 9 bucks cheaper than the Gen 4. Going to the 750 would justify the cheaper route than Gen 4. 22 bucks cheaper