Discussion Buy SSD now or wait for Black Friday 2020 deals...???

Tiger_Bite_Kid

Commendable
Feb 13, 2019
I need more storage and I am looking to upgrade my current SSD. Should I wait for black friday 2020 or buy now...? I am on a really 'low/tight' budget. My budget is around $50 for a 480-512gb SSD.

The thing is...Do better/upper tier SSDs like Crucial, Western Digital or Samsung ever dip into the $40-$50 dollar range on Black Friday deals...? If the answer is no, than I probably would not wait till Black Friday and would rather just buy a lower tier SSD right now since I can not wait.

Last edited:
I need more storage and I am looking to upgrade my current SSD. Should I wait for black friday 2020 or buy now...? I am on a really 'low/tight' budget. My budget is around $50 for a 480-512gb SSD.

The thing is...Do better/upper tier SSDs like Crucial, Western Digital or Samsung ever dip into the $40-$50 dollar range on Black Friday deals...? If the answer is no, than I probably would not wait till Black Friday and would rather just buy a lower tier SSD right now since I can not wait.
Black Friday was invented for getting rid of old and slow moving stock, price discounts are unpredictable, some are even fake, stating discount against their (seller's) highest prices, nothing to count on.
Make a list of your favorite SSDs and see what you can find for best price. Performance wise, most are almost same as there are limits to what SATA SSDs can go to and most hit that limit with minimal differences imperceptible in real life. Ones with RAM cache perform best in real usage. Other thing to look for is warranty length and the way it's implemented.

TRENDING THREADS