zivhadad1

Honorable
Apr 4, 2012
i have two choices:
1) buy i7 2600 without ssd
2)buy i5 2400 with ssd sata III
what would be different?
will the difference be big or i wont feel it??

Solution
^^agreed. People that are not making this upgrade really baffles me. Let me ask you a question. What good would a more expensive and faster CPU do if it's going to be constantly waiting on data from the hard drive? If you really look at the numbers and see how many cycles and how much time cpus have to wait on a HDD, its pretty crazy.

Just looking at access times alone, not read and write speeds (which are much faster too).

HDD--> access time ~5-7ms

SDD--> access time ~0.07ms

Might not seem like a big difference, but that is TWO whole orders of magnitude faster. Meaning an SSD can access data 100 times faster than an HDD.

rdzona

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2011
^^agreed. People that are not making this upgrade really baffles me. Let me ask you a question. What good would a more expensive and faster CPU do if it's going to be constantly waiting on data from the hard drive? If you really look at the numbers and see how many cycles and how much time cpus have to wait on a HDD, its pretty crazy.

Just looking at access times alone, not read and write speeds (which are much faster too).

HDD--> access time ~5-7ms

SDD--> access time ~0.07ms

Might not seem like a big difference, but that is TWO whole orders of magnitude faster. Meaning an SSD can access data 100 times faster than an HDD.

Solution