[SOLVED] Buy used? $800. I7-10700k, 2070 super

Solution
This is going to be my first PC. How do you test it quickly? I've seen a lot of things online. I really don't wanna be there testing it for an hour but I don't want to get scammed.

Outside of a cursory check you'll just have to pretty much take their word on it

If it were me I'd personally do the following:
-Ask them if everything is working properly and if there's any known issues
-Ask them to power it on to make sure it actually powers on and at least gets that far
-If they do power it on, the final thing I'd ask is if I could check the parts are correct by using Window's dxdiag tool. You can type dxdiag into the searchbox which will bring up "DirectX Diagnostic Tool" which should show the processor, RAM amount (it will be...

Furzumz

Reputable
Going off newegg / amazon prices in USD as of current date:
Asus Z490-P = $159
i7-10700k = $369
MSI Ventus GP OC RTX 2070 Super = $709
16 GB RAM (unsure of speed) = about $45 to $60 lets say
1TB NVME SSD = around $100
NH-D15S = $80

Total = $1,477

Yeah I'd say that's a good deal. This doesn't even account for cost of the power supply, case, keyboard and mouse.

It's used but I've bought many used video cards, CPU's, mobos, ram, never once had any fail on me. I say go for it if everything is in working order with the computer.

JJSwatt

Prominent
Nov 24, 2020
Going off newegg / amazon prices in USD as of current date:
Asus Z490-P = $159
i7-10700k = $369
MSI Ventus GP OC RTX 2070 Super = $709
16 GB RAM (unsure of speed) = about $45 to $60 lets say
1TB NVME SSD = around $100
NH-D15S = $80

Total = $1,477

Yeah I'd say that's a good deal. This doesn't even account for cost of the power supply, case, keyboard and mouse.

It's used but I've bought many used video cards, CPU's, mobos, ram, never once had any fail on me. I say go for it if everything is in working order with the computer.

This is going to be my first PC. How do you test it quickly? I've seen a lot of things online. I really don't wanna be there testing it for an hour but I don't want to get scammed.

Furzumz

Reputable

Outside of a cursory check you'll just have to pretty much take their word on it

If it were me I'd personally do the following:
-Ask them if everything is working properly and if there's any known issues
-Ask them to power it on to make sure it actually powers on and at least gets that far
-If they do power it on, the final thing I'd ask is if I could check the parts are correct by using Window's dxdiag tool. You can type dxdiag into the searchbox which will bring up "DirectX Diagnostic Tool" which should show the processor, RAM amount (it will be in MB instead of GB so it should read as ~16000 or a bit more), and check the video card in the "display" tab

If all reads as advertised and they say everything is working you can buy it. But only way to know for absolutely certain if it really does work is to use the computer and see for yourself.

Solution