[SOLVED] Buyers regret for the RTX3080 Ventus 3x OC?

RuffRidersEvo

Distinguished
May 10, 2014
I recently just pre ordered a MSI RTX 3080 ventus 3x OC off of tigerdirect and i am afraid of getting buyers regret

I have read some reviews saying it’s the “worst card on the market” but then i have seen reviews saying it’s great, i would like to know if anyone here has that card and experiences loud fan noise and poor performance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
I think the card is fine. First of all, you are very happy to have one coming your way. Second, I never have had any bad MSI graphics card. I currently have the MSI DUKE 2080 and the 3-fan Ventus is basically the successor, and my duke is great. Third, since Nvidia updated the driver I believe pretty much all the problems with all the cards supposedly went away. I wouldn't have any buyers remorse.....I would be happy to have a 3080 coming my way...especially if it is from MSI, ASUS or EVGA.....you usually can't go wrong with any cards of those three brands when it comes to Nvidia GPUs.

That was just about the card. I don't know anything about Tiger Direct.....so, I can't tell you if this is a serious reseller. Therefor, I can't help...

Lutfij

Titan
Unfortunately that's what happens to everyone who want to be early adopters to any hardware or any industry. I'm afraid you're going to have to wait and see what the card has in store for you. If the GPU exhibits issues are akin to what is being said and shown across the www, you can RMA the card or ask to return the card and add some more dough for a better card.

RuffRidersEvo

Distinguished
May 10, 2014
Unfortunately that's what happens to everyone who want to be early adopters to any hardware or any industry. I'm afraid you're going to have to wait and see what the card has in store for you. If the GPU exhibits issues are akin to what is being said and shown across the www, you can RMA the card or ask to return the card and add some more dough for a better card.

the thing is i tried calling tigerdirect about the card but their phone number is unavailable and they’re not responding to my emails

mjbn1977

Distinguished
I think the card is fine. First of all, you are very happy to have one coming your way. Second, I never have had any bad MSI graphics card. I currently have the MSI DUKE 2080 and the 3-fan Ventus is basically the successor, and my duke is great. Third, since Nvidia updated the driver I believe pretty much all the problems with all the cards supposedly went away. I wouldn't have any buyers remorse.....I would be happy to have a 3080 coming my way...especially if it is from MSI, ASUS or EVGA.....you usually can't go wrong with any cards of those three brands when it comes to Nvidia GPUs.

That was just about the card. I don't know anything about Tiger Direct.....so, I can't tell you if this is a serious reseller. Therefor, I can't help you in regards to that.

Solution