[SOLVED] Buying 1TB 2.5" Sata SSD or 256 GB M.2 NVME

Nov 6, 2018
Good day, I currently use a 256gb 2.5" sata ssd, I saw a 1tb and 512gb 2.5" ssd on sale, but since NVME's are a thing today i was planning on buying it instead, my mobo supports an NVME. Should I go for an NVME instead of a larger capacity 2.5" Sata SSD as my boot drive/ frequently used application and games drive? My PC is only for general use only. Games mostly. The price of the NVME and 1TB 2.5" SSD dont differ much, the and the 512GB 2.5" SSD are much cheaper than both. Wire management is not a problem on my case. Thank you.

Solution
That board support M.2 NVMe PCIe 3.0 x4 and M.2 SATA SSD.

If you transfer files to an NVMe from another or the same NVMe it will be faster than a SATAIII SSD but for launching games, programs and loading your OS it's almost identical.

If you see a 1TB SATAIII SSD at a good price go for it. If the NVMe is almost the same price go for the NVMe but you won't even see the difference between the two.
That board support M.2 NVMe PCIe 3.0 x4 and M.2 SATA SSD.

If you transfer files to an NVMe from another or the same NVMe it will be faster than a SATAIII SSD but for launching games, programs and loading your OS it's almost identical.

If you see a 1TB SATAIII SSD at a good price go for it. If the NVMe is almost the same price go for the NVMe but you won't even see the difference between the two.

Solution