Buying 24 inch LCD - has questions

arkons_71

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2008
Looking for a max $300 LCD. I've heard good things about these three:

Samsung 2443BW
BenQ E2400HD
BenQ G2400WD

Any personal preferences around this price range? Opinions or comments on these monitors?

Here's my biggest question though. What I am really interested in is a glossy screen as opposed to a matte screen. I prefer the glossy and really don't have any glare problems with my setup area. My problem is that I cannot figure out how to differentiate which monitors are glossy and which are matte on any of the popular , well-known computer hardware websites. What gives? Why doesn't this seem to be listed anywhere?
Many monitors list their cabinet color as being "high glossy" or "glossy" which even further confuses the issue.
Please help. I want a glossy screen. Oh and btw, are any of those three listed above a glossy screen? Thanks.

bonacj84

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2008
Hey Arkons,

You stumbled upon some really nice monitors, there. I'm a big fan of BenQ monitors, and Samsung make some of the best hdtv's, that translate perfectly to LCD computer monitors. I personally own the E2200HD monitor, and have done a few reviews on the product. It has a glossy screen. I believe the G and E2400's both have a glossy finish. Unfortunately, I can't speak for the Samsung. The simplest way to find out would be to call your local computer retail store and ask.

Good luck!

Curtis

http://www.monitor-land.com/benq-lcd-monitors.htm

G

I just purchased the New HP-23- Inch Wide Screen LCD Its the Best Monitor I have seen to Date. Grant it has a Gloss screen finish which I find really pop's the brilliance of colors nicely, As long as your in a Controlled Light setting , a Gloss Screen is fine.
Fo the Price for Dollar Value I do not se this Monitor being Beat ,
( Un-real Picture )