Buying a cheap SSD

pimblton1899

Prominent
Aug 18, 2017
Hi i was thinking about an ssd and i found a really cheap one SSD GOODRAM CL100 240 GB
its about 50 usd it was maybe 60 usd before now its one sale. I can't find a really good review on it so i want to ask if any of you guys had or have one of these and what your expierence is?
Thank you

btw its cheaper than an Samsung SSD EVO 850 250GB (70-80 usd).

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Never looked at one personally.
They're the budget drive of the budget space.
Relatively weak SSD level performance (although still greater than an HDD) and only a 3 year warranty.
You get what you pay for.
http://www.goodram.com/en/products/cl100-sata-iii-25-ssd/

If your goal is simply an cheap upgrade over an HDD, it would certainly 'work'. Just don't expect blazing fast performance - and I'd recommend always having a backup of any data you cannot afford to lose (although that should be a rule, regardless of the drive you're talking about).

pimblton1899

Prominent
Aug 18, 2017
Well i would wait for some time and buy an better one but i want to change my pc case too and thats gonna cost me abaout 50 to 60 usd too, so i dont know what to do.

USAFRet

Titan

Never heard of it. Can't find a good review? It's cheap for a reason.
Ergo...do not buy.

$50-$60 USD? 250GB? Where are you buying this?
Crucial MX500 - $67
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820156172

pimblton1899

Prominent
Aug 18, 2017

in my country thats the price lol, im not from USA i live in europe and thats the price while its on sale even tho its not really more usd at full price.Where i live thecnology is usualy more expensive than in USA

USAFRet

Titan

And that's why we need to know, up front, where you are buying from.

If you specify $USD, we're going to assume you're in the US.

pimblton1899

Prominent
Aug 18, 2017

Well i wanted to make it easier for you guys because in my country we don't use euros we have our own curency :D

USAFRet

Titan

It would be easier to give a list of ALL drives in your desired size and budget, available in your market.

We can then filter out the crap ones.

pimblton1899

Prominent
Aug 18, 2017
I am looking for a 240gb, price about 50 usd. I can find used ssd-s for 50usd like samsung evo 850 and some kingston but i want a new one not used, the prices are usually about 80 or more usd.

and i can find cheaper ones in other citys but delivery would cost me and the price would be the same.

USAFRet

Titan

Not "looking for"...give us a list of available drives.