Question Buying a cpu in the next month

May 9, 2019
Hi guys, I'm thinking of buying a cpu + motherboard and wanted the i9-9900k + gigabyte z390 aorus master.
My question is if it is worth the investment, with rumors of the new generation of Intel cpus and new socket.
thanks

Well, I don't know what you plan to do with the PC, if its for gaming then you are getting basically the best performance cpu for games today (see that I wrote the best performance cpu, not the best cpu balance wise - AVG-1%Low-FPS/Money).

Intel is supposed to launch a new high end desktop cpu with 10 cores and 20 threads. Now will this be ground breaking for todays games, next year or even 2021?, in a way a human can really feel it?, I would said no, I could be wrong though.

But the main question is: Do you need the cpu next month no matter what, or can you wait, 3, 4, 6, 9 months and see if intel finally delivers and if (according to independant reviewers) its really worth it?

The other question will be: Will this new socket be supported new 10nm+ cpu later on (Im guessing no)?

So yeah, if you need the cpu and you are goin to use it strictly for gaming, the i9 9900K is the best performance out there today, no doubt about it, and it should remain as a solid/powerfull cpu for many years.

Now if I was building a gaming rig, I would first allocate all the money on the GPU (depending on the monitor resolution and refresh rate) and then choose the cpu.

Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: JonnyAntonio