[SOLVED] Buying a fans

Sagi sason

Great
Mar 11, 2020
I want to buy 2 fans for my PC because I don't have and the PC gets hot, I have a not so good pre built PC and I'm not sure if I have the right cables. I don't even know what cables do I need, if someone can help me I would really appreciate it.

Solution
Your motherboard manual (found in your link) specifies:
1 x CPU fan header
1 x system fan header
Both are specified as 4 pin PWM, and the manual describes how to set the mode and how to control them.
You may want to get a splitter if you want 2 case fans.
it's a matter of what your mainboard supports. your prebuilt surely has a manual that should list ports on your mainboard. typically it's either a 3pin or a 4pin fan header unless your mainboard uses some kind or proprietary connector.

if it has 4 pin fan headers, you can connect 3pin and 4pin fans (basically anything that uses a standard fan connector), if it has a 3pin fan connector you can only use 3 pin fans effectively (AKA fans that don't come with "PWM")
if it has some proprietary connector or no connector at all, you're kinda out of luck. you could buy a fan controller depending on other internal headers the board has, but it's a matter of money.

Your motherboard manual (found in your link) specifies:
1 x CPU fan header
1 x system fan header
Both are specified as 4 pin PWM, and the manual describes how to set the mode and how to control them.
You may want to get a splitter if you want 2 case fans.

Solution

Sagi sason

Great
Mar 11, 2020
Oh thanks, how do I get a splitter? I saw somewhere that I can plug in the long one (I don't know how to call it...) on the second fan to the other on the first fan that connected and he gives him power. That what you meant?