Buying a gaming laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevino1218

Reputable
Mar 9, 2015
I am buying a gaming laptop. Wondering if this will be good enough to play games like arma, arkham, etc. on high res or ultra without killing it in the process and the longevity of it. Any recommendations are welcomed. Price wise I would like to keep it under 2k
NVIDIA GTX 970M [3GB]
Intel® i7-4720HQ
16 GB RAM
120 SSD + 1TB Hard Drive

g-unit1111

Titan
I don't think any system right now is good enough to play Arkham. :lol:

But seriously though the bad thing about paying that much for a laptop is how much they depreciate in value and that they depreciate very quickly and you won't get back less than half of what you spent on it when you go to sell it. You're better off getting a cheap laptop and spending the rest for a nice desktop. That way you get the best of both worlds.

kevino1218

Reputable
Mar 9, 2015

I would prefer to buy a tower but I move around too much. That is why I'm asking for the best possible laptop.

For 2k you should be able to afford a laptop with a gtx 980m. My personal opinion is to wait until win 10 comes out as these laptops will have g sync. Also this means that older models will be at a discount.

Just to let you know, the pc version of arkam has had a lot of issues. I don't know if all of them have been resolved yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.