Buying a key and getting it on a different computer

greatwhitebuffalow

Honorable
Sep 4, 2013
So long story short i'm building a new computer and want to put windows 8.1 on it. I've herd from multiple people to use reddit software swap where keys for windows 8.1 can be purchased. My question is I have no idea how this work and was wondering if someone could walk me me through all of the steps from using the key, to getting it on a usb, to then getting it on the computer.
Thanks

Solution

Keys sold in such schemes are almost certainly not legit. And as such, it is against Forum rules to assist with that.

Why do I say 'almost certainly not legit'? Because I've been doing this for years, and have seen this time and time again.

Just go buy it normally, and you will have zero problems.

greatwhitebuffalow

Honorable
Sep 4, 2013

uh...yea... its legit so thanks for the response

USAFRet

Titan

You can think that.

greatwhitebuffalow

Honorable
Sep 4, 2013

I'm not asking if they are legit or not bud just asking for some real advice on how to do something.
thanks

USAFRet

Titan

Keys sold in such schemes are almost certainly not legit. And as such, it is against Forum rules to assist with that.

Why do I say 'almost certainly not legit'? Because I've been doing this for years, and have seen this time and time again.

Just go buy it normally, and you will have zero problems.

Solution

greatwhitebuffalow

Honorable
Sep 4, 2013

It's like you are not even listening to what I'm saying.
Thanks for all the help bud :^)

USAFRet

Titan

I am listening. Are you listening to what I am saying?

Product Key Only sites have been around for years, sure, the key you buy will let you install and activate, but it has been 'generated' illegally, and the second someone activates a machine with the same key bought legally, your activation will be ceased immediately. Like USAFRet, I too have been around for years, and know the score...

Iamsoda

Distinguished
Hate to bump an old thread, but a lot of the software is legit. The things is a lot of it was taken from unethical methods. For example buying a volume license for a business and re selling the licenses, getting student software and re selling, or taking them off old computers and laptop and re selling.

TRENDING THREADS