Buying a new CPU. Asking for advice and steps.

Christos Iona

Reputable
Aug 25, 2015
I had an accident trying to apply new thermal paste and I pretty much broke my CPU. I looking to buy a new one and I wanted some suggestions. My motherboard is an Asus - M5A78L-M/USB3 Micro ATX AM3+ . Also, when I get the new CPU do I just put it in and everything is fine or do I need to do other software related steps?
Thanks in advance.

PS. The CPU i broke was an AMD FX-8320.

Solution
Don't understand how you brokw the CPU exactly? If pins are bent, they can be straightened, but you need to do it slowly and very patiently. Every single pin must be straight.

If you actually broke pins, and want a new CPU, simply get another FX8320. Provided you only broke the CPU, new one should work without any issues. Yes, you just disconnect power cord, open the PC, put the new CPU in the socket and zhat's it. Then apply paste, then mount cooler. Without bending pins / breaking things if possible ;)
Don't understand how you brokw the CPU exactly? If pins are bent, they can be straightened, but you need to do it slowly and very patiently. Every single pin must be straight.

If you actually broke pins, and want a new CPU, simply get another FX8320. Provided you only broke the CPU, new one should work without any issues. Yes, you just disconnect power cord, open the PC, put the new CPU in the socket and zhat's it. Then apply paste, then mount cooler. Without bending pins / breaking things if possible ;)

Solution

TRENDING THREADS