Question Buying a new CPU

Taylore12

Honorable
Jan 19, 2014
86
0
10,630
0
I'm looking to upgrade my CPU tomorrow. I'm preparing to get a 3000 series Nvidia GPU when and if they release this upcoming October as rumored. In preparation, I wanted to get the best CPU I could for under $400. The store that I'm going tomorrow is Microcenter and here are some of their current prices on CPUs:
  1. i7 10700k - $350
  2. i9 9900k - $380
  3. i7 9700k - $300
  4. i7 10700 - $290
  5. Ryzen 9 3900XT - $430
  6. Ryzen 9 3900X - $400
  7. Ryzen 7 3800XT - $330
  8. Ryzen 7 3800X - $300
  9. Ryzen 7 3700X - $260
I personally have a slight preference towards intel because 90% of what I'm going to be doing on my pc is gaming, and the other 10% is just watching videos and doing schoolwork. However, with that being said I don't mind going over to AMD as I'm going to have to purchase a new motherboard with my cpu anyway.

If you have any recommendations on motherboards as well I'm more than happy to listen.

MY Current Build:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8 GHz Quad-Core Processor ($359.98 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($34.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI Z270 PC MATE ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($445.75 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 Memory ($53.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: G.Skill Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 Memory ($53.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital SN750 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($149.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB Video Card ($592.99 @ Amazon)
Case: Fractal Design Meshify S2 ATX Mid Tower Case ($147.99 @ Walmart)
Power Supply: EVGA BR 500 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($69.98 @ Amazon)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit ($108.78 @ Other World Computing)
Monitor: Acer KG241 Pbmidpx 24.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor
Monitor: LG 27GL650F-B 27.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor ($299.99 @ Amazon)
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 Wired Standard Keyboard ($139.11 @ Amazon)
Mouse: Logitech G903 Wireless Optical Mouse ($125.20 @ Amazon)
Headphones: SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset
Total: $2582.73
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-08-09 10:56 EDT-0400
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS