Question Buying a new GPU

Jul 3, 2019
My GTX 980 ti died recently. There were sparks and and some melted parts on the PCB. Now I'm looking to upgrade to the RTX line from Nvidia to replace the GTX 570 I put in temporarily from a previous build. I waited until their official announcement about the Super line to start making a final decision on which one I might get. I came here just looking for opinions that are more informed than my own. I am trying to decide if I should just go ahead and buy one of the 2080 TI's available now or wait and maybe get one of the 2080 Supers that will be released later. With the increased performance on the 2080 Super I am wondering if the TI is worth an extra $500.

I just want to hear everyone's thoughts on it. Thank you all in advance.

Jul 3, 2019
I would figure out why this happened before putting another higher end GPU into the system.

I did research the issue at length. I found many cards with the exact same problem with the exact same part of that GPU burning out. I've been testing the system for the past 6 weeks and have found no other issues. I did share your concerns about there being a problem I just am not seeing. I'm considering going ahead and doing a completely new build rather than just the GPU. Still, my original question remains. Is the 2080 TI worth an extra $500 over the 2080 Super?

Jul 3, 2019
Well,
  1. What is your budget
  2. What CPU do you have? you don't wanna get a GPU that will severely bottleneck you
I am willing to spend the extra money if the performance increase merits it. I am currently running an Intel Core I7-5820K 3.3GHz. However, I am considering doing a full system rebuild.