[SOLVED] Buying a new GPU

markplayz14

Commendable
Dec 15, 2018
Hello,

I recently broke my other GPU and now my system doesn't have a graphics card.
I was searching online for the best GPU's and found that the 3060ti ir pretty good. Where should i buy it?
My budget is £600. Should i just look for a different GPU? What is the best GPU for my budget?

Solution
Hello,

I was searching online for the best GPU's and found that the 3060ti ir pretty good. Where should i buy it?
My budget is £600. Should i just look for a different GPU? What is the best GPU for my budget?
Unfortunately now is the worst time to buy a gpu. There are none in stock and when they do come in stock they are usually overpriced. The 3060ti should be £350 card but as you can see it’s going for £600. I only paid £750 for my 3080 last year. A good friend of mine has been after a 3060ti gpu at a reasonable price since it released. He has managed to get one in the basket of a few stores but by the time he checks out they are all gone.
Hello,

Unfortunately now is the worst time to buy a gpu. There are none in stock and when they do come in stock they are usually overpriced. The 3060ti should be £350 card but as you can see it’s going for £600. I only paid £750 for my 3080 last year. A good friend of mine has been after a 3060ti gpu at a reasonable price since it released. He has managed to get one in the basket of a few stores but by the time he checks out they are all gone.

Solution

markplayz14

Commendable
Dec 15, 2018
Yeah i have checked all the stores and there are none in stock. I think i'll just wait

Talk to your local (small) PC repair shops, they sometimes have GPU's that have been refurbished from customers and sell them on at a fair price. I have gotten RAM, Mobo's etc before by doing that and while everything is marked up at the moment you might just get lucky with a 5700x or a 2060. Not a definite that you will get something it never hurts to ask and a few contacts have been made at worst.

Reactions: helper800