Buying a new graphics card, effects on the processor?

Aug 20, 2018
So with the release of Battlefield V in october, I decided I wanted a new graphics card.
Right now I got the MSI GeForce GTX 760 graphics card and a AMD FX-8320 eight-core processor. As Battlefield V is a huge game I supposed I would need a new GPU to have a good FPS.

As I am pretty new to these things, I have been looking on the internet for a while already. Several GPU's seemed fine to me, but as I already said I don't know a lot about it. I ended up with the GTX 1060 GPU and with this card I continued my research. With this I came across the second question, besides which GPU I need, what brand do I need? Should I buy the MSI, GigaByte or the ASUS if not something else.
- Battlefield will be the biggest game on my computer, besides I play games like League of Legends etc. The main reason I want a new GPU is to have higher fps rates in games and fps drops.

Besides these, I got one more question; as I will be upgrading my GPU, my CPU sticks behind. Does this actually matter to my gameplay experience and is it recommended to buy a new CPU or should I wait with it?
I have no clue where to look for when buying a CPU so any help would be appreciated.

Sorry for any mistakes in my grammar. My main language is Dutch so I'm still working on it ;) .
Thanks in advance.

gpu brand doesn't matter, they perform similarly too, I am more concerned with cooling capabilities and power draw.
For any game, they may stress CPU and GPU differently, there is no setup that has both CPU and GPU 100% usage all the time.
For your setup, GPU is really too weak compared to CPU, 1060 will be a good upgrade, and you can reuse it to upgrade CPU later to coffee lake and beyond or Ryzen 2 and beyond.
What PSU is it? exact model please.

Solution
Aug 20, 2018

I just got a new PSU as it was broken like a month ago. The one I am using now is Cooler Master MasterWatt 750W.
http://

Aug 20, 2018

Do you also have a recommendation related to the 1060 GPU?

Not the best but will do. I will get the 1060 first for instant gaming performance boost. Wait for 1160, should be released soon and should get close to 1070 performance.

They all perform around the same range. You can pick any.

Aug 20, 2018
Most likely I will wait for the 1160 for sure to see if the price difference is worth it to me compared to the 1060.
About the CPU one more question, I was wondering if it matters if you compare the XX60 to any CPU. Like, can you put any brand CPU with the graphics card without seeing difference in performance?

Aug 20, 2018

According to this one more time, if I understood this correctly, I could wait upgrading the CPU right and do it later right?

The performance of the CPU will always have a bearing on the performance of the GPU. That is why the CPU has to be strong enough to compliment the card without limiting its performance.

You can upgrade it later, but then the 1060 will perform only as good as the best card that CPU can support, which is in effect your current card.