Buying a new laptop

Jul 29, 2022
Hello, I'm thinking about buying a new laptop. Since I'm not familiar with them it'd be nice to get some tips/guidance :D
1. What is your budget? Up to 1000euros

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? In the medium specter, not too small nor big

3. What screen resolution do you want? Doesn't really matter, thinking of buying second monitor in the future

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Portable would be ideal

5. How much battery life do you need? About 2-4years

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? This laptop would be mostly for the gaming, so having graphics set on high would be ideal

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Mostly video/photo editing, maybe creating music

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? Best case - 1TB, would settle on ~500GB if needed

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. https://www.1a.lt , http://www.senukai.lt (these are the main sites, but I'm willing to buy from other/foreign sites like amazon)

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? At least 3-4 years from now (longer if available :D )

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? Can't think of anything right now

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. I'm open for suggestions. Don't have any preferences myself

13. What country do you live in? Lithuania

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. That's pretty much it. In summary, I want to buy laptop up to 1000euros that could run high-end graphics games and could handle some video/photo editing. If I've missed something, ask straight away!

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Question 5 is measured in hours for run time, not the lifespan of the battery.

In that price range, with a focus on gaming, look for something with an RTX 3060, 16GB of memory and at least a 512GB SSD. These will likely be 15" class laptops with a 1920x1080p high refresh rate display.

Probably want to look for an 11th gen Intel processor as the 12th gen ones will be quite a bit more expensive, but if you find one that would be the one to get.

Hello, I'm thinking about buying a new laptop. Since I'm not familiar with them it'd be nice to get some tips/guidance :D
1. What is your budget? Up to 1000euros

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? In the medium specter, not too small nor big

3. What screen resolution do you want? Doesn't really matter, thinking of buying second monitor in the future

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Portable would be ideal

5. How much battery life do you need? About 2-4years

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? This laptop would be mostly for the gaming, so having graphics set on high would be ideal

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Mostly video/photo editing, maybe creating music

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? Best case - 1TB, would settle on ~500GB if needed

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. https://www.1a.lt , http://www.senukai.lt (these are the main sites, but I'm willing to buy from other/foreign sites like amazon)

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? At least 3-4 years from now (longer if available :D )

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? Can't think of anything right now

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. I'm open for suggestions. Don't have any preferences myself

13. What country do you live in? Lithuania

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed. That's pretty much it. In summary, I want to buy laptop up to 1000euros that could run high-end graphics games and could handle some video/photo editing. If I've missed something, ask straight away!

Thank you in advance!

Hey there,

Something like this would be close enough: Laptop Lenovo Legion 5 15ACH6H 82JU00JFPB, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H, 16 GB, 512 GB, 15.6 " - 1a.lt