Question Buying a new monitor and choosing a resolution

Archr

Reputable
May 5, 2019
Hi

Im finally going to upgrade my 2007 monitor (lol) but i have a gtx750ti and q9400 cpu. Is it dumb to buy a 1920x1080 monitor i would use it to watch movies and play some games (csgo and older games).

mangaman

Honorable
Not dumb at all. The GTx 750ti and q9400 can handle 1080p, and since you wish to play older games, both can handle the demand. You can expect Mid or High settings at 60fps, if you tend to stick with older games. If you do decide to play newer games, you might expect Mid or Low settings at 60fps, or Mid or High settings at 30fps. Of course, it all depends on how demaning the game is. Find the minimum requirements for a game , and decide if your computer can handle it.

Reactions: Archr

Archr

Reputable
May 5, 2019
Not dumb at all. The GTx 750ti and q9400 can handle 1080p, and since you wish to play older games, both can handle the demand. You can expect Mid or High settings at 60fps, if you tend to stick with older games. If you do decide to play newer games, you might expect Mid or Low settings at 60fps, or Mid or High settings at 30fps. Of course, it all depends on how demaning the game is. Find the minimum requirements for a game , and decide if your computer can handle it.
Thank you