Buying a new PC.

Goats_Away

Prominent
Jul 14, 2017
So I want to buy a new PC that is capable for playing competitive games like CS:GO, League of Legends, Overwatch, PUBG etc.

I found this one and I need you guys to tell me if it could run games mentioned above at playable framerates (graphic settings don't matter)

Here are the specs:

CPU: Intel core2Quad Q8400
RAM: 4GB DDR3
Hard Drive:320GB HDD
GPU: nvidia 520 1GB DDR3

Solution
Simple answer is No, the cpu doesn't have the power necessary to allow decent framerates, the ram will barely allow for the OS to run, the gpu is extremely weak. Even if the games do start, you'll be running everything on lowest settings and still getting choppy frames as online information will far exceed the capacity of the cpu/ram to handle.

Goats_Away

Prominent
Jul 14, 2017

I asked if it was any good not if it was old.

If you want to help mybe you should tell me if the PC could play mentioned games at good framerate(settings don't matter)

That attitude will get you lots of answers.

4745454b

Titan
Old means it's not good for modern gaming. 10yo PCs don't play current games well.

If you want to help mybe you should tell me if the PC could play mentioned games at good framerate(settings don't matter)

If you want help "mybe" you should give us information like budget, country you live in and other useful info. Just saying.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Simple answer is No, the cpu doesn't have the power necessary to allow decent framerates, the ram will barely allow for the OS to run, the gpu is extremely weak. Even if the games do start, you'll be running everything on lowest settings and still getting choppy frames as online information will far exceed the capacity of the cpu/ram to handle.

Solution