Question Buying A PC?

Dec 8, 2021
Ok,I have wanted a Pc for a while I'm a serious gamer and need an upgrade from 30fps
but my problem is my parents won't budge on their position on buying one.
i dont need an expensive one but they wont budge any advice?
I have offered to pitch in with my saved money and money i could make selling my switch
I would have about 380 dollars after that and the pc i want is about 1,400
any ideas

Dec 8, 2021
Your not going to get a gaming PC for 380 bucks.
So save more money is about the only option.

You could buy a older refurbished Dell and add a cheap video card but your not going to like the performance.
I know this ,I would mostlikely pitch that money into the pc and my parents maybe buy the rest

Dec 8, 2021
Ok,I have wanted a Pc for a while I'm a serious gamer and need an upgrade from 30fps
I have offered to pitch in with my saved money and money i could make selling my switch
any ideas
also this is the pc i want
https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/pdp/omen-30l-desktop-gt13-0255st-1a226av-1
currently i have a nintendo switch

At the 1400 dollar level, I would certainly look around for other pre-built options, rather than just HP. Maybe Dell, Lenovo, Dell Outlet, Asus, etc.

If you can spend 1400, you can likely do better by building it yourself. You'd get a better machine for 1400 or an equivalent machine for maybe 1100. But building your own may not be an option?

Pre-built PCs are notorious for over-charging for RAM, video card, and hard drives. And for forcing you onto Windows Pro when few people would want to take advantage of its added functionality as compared to Windows Home.

Dec 8, 2021
How do I go about building one myself,I wouldnt trust myself to do it correctly.do you have nay other prebuilt suggestions or ones about building one myself

jacob249358

Commendable
Sep 8, 2021
any ideas
What games are you trying to play? Its possible to get a decent PC for $380

Dec 8, 2021
I will mainly use it for battle royales like spellbreak and fortnite and sometime minecraft but i also need to be able to have quality and be able run obs in the background a lot

How do I go about building one myself,I wouldnt trust myself to do it correctly.do you have nay other prebuilt suggestions or ones about building one myself

If you are totally inexperienced in building, it would be difficult to tell you to just start buying parts and attempt to build it. You will get frustrated. There are online tutorials about building and we can help to an extent, but it's tough the first time as you will have a million questions.

Look on youtube if possible. There are numerous sane tutorials.

Here's a few ideas:

1: if you are going to buy a prebuilt, don't do that without first posting a link to it here so we can examine it.

2: it might be worthwhile to get a 300 to 700 dollar new or used PC just to gain knowledge on. Take it apart. Put it back together. Expand your knowledge gradually over time. There is no substitute for having one in front of you, rather than just reading about them

3: look for local junior colleges that might have courses you could take to get quite a bit of knowledge within a few months.

4: Try to find a local person who has more knowledge than you to help with assembly after we help you choose parts.

jacob249358

Commendable
Sep 8, 2021
If you are totally inexperienced in building, it would be difficult to tell you to just start buying parts and attempt to build it. You will get frustrated. There are online tutorials about building and we can help to an extent, but it's tough the first time as you will have a million questions.

Here's a few ideas:

1: if you are going to buy a prebuilt, don't do that without first posting a link to it here so we can examine it.

2: it might be worthwhile to get a 300 to 700 dollar new or used PC just to gain knowledge on. Take it apart. Put it back together. Expand your knowledge gradually over time. There is no substitute for having one in front of you, rather than just reading about them

3: look for local junior colleges that might have courses you could take to get quite a bit of knowledge within a few months.

4: Try to find a local person who has more knowledge than you to help with assembly after we help you choose parts.
You are making this sound more difficult than it is. You don't need to take classes to build a PC. It can easily be done by watching youtube.

jacob249358

Commendable
Sep 8, 2021
You can probably get a PC that can hit 144 but a monitor at 144hz is at least $150
I would suggest looking on Facebook marketplace or something to find a monitor for cheap. But anyways here is what I came up with for a pc.

Pc $180-https://www.ebay.com/itm/133947204364?hash=item1f2fe0230c:g:QWIAAOSwZcRfpvpl

SSD $30-https://www.amazon.com/Kingston-240GB-Solid-SA400S37-240G/dp/B01N5IB20Q/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?crid=3DJH9GTKDRE82&keywords=240gb+ssd&qid=1638977091&sprefix=240gb+%2Caps%2C346&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFTRzlNS1RXVFdGMVgmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA0MjI0NjhMMDVQOENESTZHREEmZW5jcnlwdGVkQWRJZD1BMDM3NzYwNkc0R1dIR0RKTUtSTyZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

GPU $160-https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071JV26GH/ref=twister_B07FNZS3VB?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

Dec 8, 2021

Here's a few ideas:

here is another prebuilt i found thats only 100 dollars more but seems to be better spec wise.If it didnt show the lin for the 3060 one you have to change the configuration on the best buy page
Ok looking more today I stumbled across the
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-gamer-xtreme-gaming-desktop-intel-core-i7-11700f-16gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-rtx-3060-1tb-hdd-500gb-ssd-black/6455901.p?skuId=6455901
its about 100 dollars more than the one i was hoping to get but this configuration of the cyberpower is better than the hp omen in a lot of ways,it has a 3060 and I7 and 1.5 terrabytes of memory any advice on pc's because I bet i can bargain with my parents,

Read the reviews there.

Read the questions there.

You might have better luck going to Cyberpower web site and trying to do a configuration there.

Try to avoid cheap no-name power supplies.

Try to avoid spinning drives unless you will need a lot of storage.

Try to avoid Windows Pro.

Try to stick with 8 gb of RAM if you have budget issues.