Buying a Refurbished Acer Monitor?

TheShad

Reputable
Mar 15, 2014
I recently had gotten parts for my PC build and realized that I need a monitor. As I was scavenging through the internet, I found this unboxing of an Acer H6 Series 23 inch Monitor. I instantly knew this was the monitor i wanted, as its finish complemented my Obsidian 450D. Also its thin bezel looked extremely nice. Unfortunately, the price for a 23 inch (my preferred size) was a little too high (around $150). Luckily, I found this refurb from newegg that was the exact same model but only $119.99. There was also a manufacturer refurb from amazon around the same price. So basically my question is: Is it safe to buy a refurbished acer monitor from newegg or amazon?

Solution
I would buy a refurbished from Newegg before Amazon. Refurbished products aren't a bad thing. They've been sent back to the manufacturer and triple checked over (possibly better quality than a brand new one. Sometimes products are labeled as refurbished for minor things (open box return.. etc). Personally, i don't like dealing with Amazon... So Newegg is the obvious choice for me.

Don't be on edge about it... If you need to save some money, go for it!

morgilroka

Honorable
Jul 16, 2012
I would buy a refurbished from Newegg before Amazon. Refurbished products aren't a bad thing. They've been sent back to the manufacturer and triple checked over (possibly better quality than a brand new one. Sometimes products are labeled as refurbished for minor things (open box return.. etc). Personally, i don't like dealing with Amazon... So Newegg is the obvious choice for me.

Don't be on edge about it... If you need to save some money, go for it!

Solution

TheShad

Reputable
Mar 15, 2014

Thanks for the reassurement!