Buying a used power supply

Zratos

Commendable
Apr 8, 2016
I came across a used antec high current pro 1200w power supply for $109. The seller gives a month warranty. Should i buy it and is a month enough to see if there are any problems with the power supply?

InvalidError

Titan
Between those two sites, I'd stick to Corsair RM...i/X as my first picks and the CX...M as a backup choice. The MasterWatt Lite might be good but apart from the MIJ version, reviews are still scarce and the GXII are only so-so.

InvalidError

Titan
While the HCP are good PSUs in general, I'd be wary of buying a PSU that is possibly over five years old regardless of how good it might be. Unless you plan to go with quad GPUs or some other over-the-top configuration, $110 can get you a number of pretty good brand-new PSUs in the 700-900W range which are vastly sufficient for modern systems.

Zratos

Commendable
Apr 8, 2016

my psu currently is Deepcool DN500, which I am looking to upgrade to a better one. I am planning to spend around 150 dollars. I live in Cambodia and here, there are not alot of choices i can choose from. Most are Chinese brand names, the only famous branded power supply available are corsair's and coolermaster's. You can check some of their websites here:
http://chantracomputer.com/pcpart.html
http://www.goldonecomputer.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=207

InvalidError

Titan
Between those two sites, I'd stick to Corsair RM...i/X as my first picks and the CX...M as a backup choice. The MasterWatt Lite might be good but apart from the MIJ version, reviews are still scarce and the GXII are only so-so.

InvalidError

Titan
The RMi is slightly better and at the 750W level, costs only $1 extra compared to the RM750X.

Under most normal use, I doubt the fan noise in either of those will be an issue as it'll be either stopped or operating at low speeds most of the time.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS