[SOLVED] Buying advice (200$ student PC)

srze.game

Reputable
Oct 23, 2017
Need some advices on these PCs, which one to buy, because I found two used and two new. ( I will be using it for Photoshop, Video Editing Software, Programming Languages, Youtube and maybe light gaming ...)

1st:
Used HP EliteDesk 800 G1
i5 - 4570
8 GB DDR3
500GB SATA 3 HDD
For around 200 €

2nd:
Used Lenovo ThinkCentre M83
i7 - 4770
8 GB DDR3
256GB SSD
Around 220€

3rd:
New
AMD Athlon 200GE
Asus Prime A320M-K
8GB DDR4 2400MHz
240GB SSD
But a cheaper case and PSU
~240€

4th:
New
AMD Ryzen 3 2200g
Asus Prime A320M-K
8GB DDR4 2400MHz
240GB SSD
~270€

You are probably thinking damn they are overpriced, but yes, those are the prices in my country :( .
I will add my SSD to the build, so the storage doesn't really matter.
I know that the last one is the best, but do I really need it, and is it worth ~50€ more?

Last edited:
Solution
The last one is the best by far. Probably worth the extra 50. Without PSU info I'm not sure. If you are going to add an SSD later I personally would want it with a bigger spinning drive for storage. I'm not sure if that's an option.

For me it's a choice between the second and fourth ones. The first option isn't cost effective and the third is the worst performing of the bunch. The question is do you trust the seller(s) and how much do you want to spend?

4745454b

Titan
The last one is the best by far. Probably worth the extra 50. Without PSU info I'm not sure. If you are going to add an SSD later I personally would want it with a bigger spinning drive for storage. I'm not sure if that's an option.

For me it's a choice between the second and fourth ones. The first option isn't cost effective and the third is the worst performing of the bunch. The question is do you trust the seller(s) and how much do you want to spend?

Reactions: stonecarver
Solution

srze.game

Reputable
Oct 23, 2017

I think that the PSU comes with the case, and the case itself is 40€.
I don't really need the Ryzen too much...
I was wondering how reliable the Lenovo desktops are, plus should you really buy a DDR3 PC in 2020, is there a big difference?
I thought the third pc was the best choice, but no? I mean it's new, it has DDR4, but is the Athlon 200ge a bit too weak?
Sellers are 100% good, I've bought things from them before.

USAFRet

Titan
I think that the PSU comes with the case, and the case itself is 40€.
I don't really need the Ryzen too much...
I was wondering how reliable the Lenovo desktops are, plus should you really buy a DDR3 PC in 2020, is there a big difference?
I thought the third pc was the best choice, but no? I mean it's new, it has DDR4, but is the Athlon 200ge a bit too weak?
Sellers are 100% good, I've bought things from them before.
A PSU that is included with a 40€ case is not to be used. Not even as a door stop.

TRENDING THREADS