Buying an mx400, which drivers to use?

G

Hi

Well as the topic says i'm buying a geforce2 mx400 with tvout. I would get radeon LE with tv out, but they don't sell them with tvout here and i need that option. So basically when i buy this card should i use the drivers that come with it or should i download the latest drivers from nvidia.

I have never had an nvidia card, only ati so i know they have unified drivers but do these support tvout? and i heard there are new detonator 4's that give performance boosts, but would this have effect on an mx, or only on high end gf3's?

Well thnx for your advice. Just tell me which drivers would be optimal to use thnx.

There are only 3 types of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not!

G

*BUMP*

Comon people just pleez tell me would i have better performance with the drivers shipped or the nvidia's latest, thnx.

There are only 3 types of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not!

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Goto www.newegg.com and look they have them. MX400 isnt the greatest card. The LE can whip it badly with hacked to 32mb ddr.

Nice Nvidia and ATi users get a Cookie.... :smile: Yummy :smile:

G

I already said they don't sell them here... well i guess u didn't know i don't live in the states. I checked and the two places that sell them with tv out are not shipping to canada. If i was to get it shipped to my relatives in the states and then from them to me it would cost me tooo much and would take toooo long.

Plus i only have a 2x agp board and i don't have too much money to spend... (100$ can = 66$ us) or around there

You see now why i can't really get the LE... hell i would if you told me a place that ships it to canada but there is no such place listed on pricewatch.

Well i guess my question still stands. Thnx again.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Sorry about your luck. You could always ask Grizely1 about shops that DO sell the LE TVO in Cananda, or settle for the MX. I have tried various drives with the original MX, and have found that the faster ones are not as stable as teh slower ones. For example, the new Detonator 4 drivers gave me a higher socre in 3D-Mark 2000, but with FREEZE FRAMES every 5 seconds or so. So I still recommend the old 6.31 drivers. You can experiment if you like.

Back to you Tom...

TRENDING THREADS