[SOLVED] Buying and installing Windows 10 ?

simmyx

Honorable
May 15, 2017
Currently on Linux but if i ever want to go to W10. Do you purchase a product key and then what ? I dont have a cd drive in my PC just USB

Thanks

Solution
Use the Windows 10 Media Creation Tool to create USB installation media.
Then you can use it to install Windows 10 on your computer. You do not need to activate it immediately. When it asks for your activation code, just click "Skip". You can run this way, indefinitely, but you cannot change the desktop or the taskbar.
If you decide that you want to be able to customize Windows 10, then you can purchase a license and activate it.

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
Then you can use it to install Windows 10 on your computer. You do not need to activate it immediately. When it asks for your activation code, just click "Skip". You can run this way, indefinitely, but you cannot change the desktop or the taskbar.
If you decide that you want to be able to customize Windows 10, then you can purchase a license and activate it.

-Wolf sends

Reactions: simmyx
Solution

simmyx

Honorable
May 15, 2017

-Wolf sends

Just remembered before I switched to Linux I had Windows 10 and created a bootable USB with it in the backup settings of the OS ( incase I wanted to go back to windows ) so could I just use this ?