[SOLVED] Buying broadband need advice

adast

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2012
as i will be moving out soon to new home im looking at all providers and all i see when i enter my post code and the andress it comes up with max 16MB with all the providers that i checked BT TalkTalk EE standard not even fibre is there any other way in knowing that i could get better should i contact every provider and ask them or on their websites it tells me this is the best on what i can get ?

Solution
It could be that the database has not been updated to include that property. That happens when the previous owners or tenants did not have high speed internet.
If your neighbors are that close and they have high speed broadband you could get it too.
Find the providers your neighbors have, visit their website and call them.
as i will be moving out soon to new home im looking at all providers and all i see when i enter my post code and the andress it comes up with max 16MB with all the providers that i checked BT TalkTalk EE standard not even fibre is there any other way in knowing that i could get better should i contact every provider and ask them or on their websites it tells me this is the best on what i can get ?
16Mbps? That sounds like DSL speeds.
Which mobile provider is available on that area?
I have used 4G LTE from Verizon and T-mobile and the offer speeds of 150Mbps and up.

adast

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2012
16Mbps? That sounds like DSL speeds.
Which mobile provider is available on that area?
I have used 4G LTE from Verizon and T-mobile and the offer speeds of 150Mbps and up.
i know its very strange i just checked with other door near to me and it gives me better options but thats already someone living there and where we going nobody lives there and i was told they doing some checks right now and they give us a ring on when we can move could it be because of that if i would ask them about broadband providers could they tell me the agency

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
yup your best bet is to talk to neighbors. they'll know what is offered and what seems to work the best.

it's the same thing you do for cell service. those around you will be happy to tell you which to go with and what to avoid. don't ask just one person though. ask around for a bit and get multiple opinions. local HOA, or other group is a good place to start if they exist. quick way to reach a lot of people.

adast

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2012
Is the house a new construction?
How far will you be from neighbors with broadband?
You need to find out with neighbors which broadband services are available in the area.
Then contact those providers to find out what they offer.
is not new construction but the property is unfurnished and they said they going thru all electrical stuff something
the neighbours are very close just like couple steps away on the same street and once i checked they door number its shows higher download speed

It could be that the database has not been updated to include that property. That happens when the previous owners or tenants did not have high speed internet.
If your neighbors are that close and they have high speed broadband you could get it too.
Find the providers your neighbors have, visit their website and call them.

Solution