Build Advice Buying build soon (today), would like opinions on the build before spending.

Yellow768

Reputable
Dec 27, 2015
I had an older thread asking for build advice, but I have pretty much reconsidered all the parts and the old thread people started arguing amongst themselves and stopped helping me.

Would this be a good build for 1080p 60fps gaming? The games I want to play are Witcher 3, Rainbow 6 Siege, Far Cry 5, things of that nature. Hoping to do high to max settings.

My budget is 740 US Dollars, and I'm planning on buying this PC today at around 5-6pm. The current build I have is failing with constant crashes and BSOD's, no idea what is crashing and I've been wanting an upgrade, so I am replacing everything except for two HDD's I use for storing games and videos.

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/TGM8WD

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor ($133.00 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 AORUS M Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($73.99 @ Amazon)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Team GX2 512 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($46.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB OC Video Card ($269.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Raidmax Vortex ATX Mid Tower Case ($48.86 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($98.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $736.80
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Everything look good, any issues that may come up? And I know I could probably get away with a MicroATX Case, but I prefer working with more room and hate having to cram stuff.

WildCard999

Titan
For the budget it looks good, just make sure once you have everything up and running and Windows is installed that you go into the BIOS and enable AXMP. This will ensure that the memory runs at the correct speed, voltage & timings (it may run at the default 2133 until AXMP is enabled and the performance difference can be as high as 20 FPS).

Yellow768

Reputable
Dec 27, 2015
For the budget it looks good, just make sure once you have everything up and running and Windows is installed that you go into the BIOS and enable AXMP. This will ensure that the memory runs at the correct speed, voltage & timings (it may run at the default 2133 until AXMP is enabled and the performance difference can be as high as 20 FPS).

Oooh, okay, thanks for the reply! And that will still fit within the PSU wattage?