Buying computer parts in Hong Kong

lanson.noah

Proper
May 1, 2018
Hi all,
my dad is going to hong kong for a week as a buisiness trip in two weeks time and i was wondering if motherboards and other computer part prices are cheaper in Hong Kong than in Australia.

If parts are cheaper in Hong Kong, i have a budget of around $500aud to spend on a build with parts bought from hong kong. What parts do you recomend me to get while my dad is in hong kong?

Thanks

schaft

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012
Unless the price is like 30% cheaper, then its not worth to kill the warranty.

The safe bet to buy without warranty for me is SSD, if you never use one yet. In america, a $480Gb SSD can get as low as $95. SSD is storage media with speed at least 4 times HDD and will certainly change your view of pc when you use it the first time. Even the slowest SSD will help a lot.

lanson.noah

Proper
May 1, 2018

did a bit of research my self but i found that computer components in hong kong are about 30% cheaper and in Shenzen which is a 1 hour drive from Hong Kong, they are upto 50% cheaper.

Guess I'll be getting a few PC parts in Hong Kong.
Thanks

go to Newegg.com and look at AUSTRALIA prices on what you want to buy, then look at HONG KONG prices.
Generally, most things are about the same price, its TAX that makes the difference.
UK 20%, parts of Europe 27%, Singapore 3% (i think).
So that is where the savings generally are.

schaft

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2012

yeah right, the problem is some country (like mine) will not accept most of international warranty. Even a popular brand such as Samsung Indonesia will never accept outside warranty.