[SOLVED] buying from amazon

mahmoudkito

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2016
hello guys, i'm from egypt and i wanted to buy a GPU from amazon.com because they have great discounts and the gpu's are far more cheap than my country, is there any tarrifs will be imposed or i'll just pay the price of the gpu without any further amounts?

Solution
" About Customs, Duties & Taxes - When ordering from Amazon.com, you're responsible for assuring the product can be lawfully imported to the destination.
The recipient is the importer of record and must comply with all laws and regulations of the destination. Orders shipped outside of the United States may be subject to import taxes, customs duties and fees levied by the destination country. The recipient of an international shipment may be subject to such import taxes, customs duties and fees, which are levied once a shipment reaches the recipient's country. Additional charges for customs clearance must be fulfilled by the recipient; Amazon has no control over these charges, nor can Amazon predict what they may be.

Customs policies...

Shoomer

Commendable
Oct 8, 2016
" About Customs, Duties & Taxes - When ordering from Amazon.com, you're responsible for assuring the product can be lawfully imported to the destination.
The recipient is the importer of record and must comply with all laws and regulations of the destination. Orders shipped outside of the United States may be subject to import taxes, customs duties and fees levied by the destination country. The recipient of an international shipment may be subject to such import taxes, customs duties and fees, which are levied once a shipment reaches the recipient's country. Additional charges for customs clearance must be fulfilled by the recipient; Amazon has no control over these charges, nor can Amazon predict what they may be.

Customs policies vary widely; you should contact your local customs office for more information. When customs clearance procedures are required, it can cause delays beyond our original delivery estimates."

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201910420

Solution

genz

Distinguished

They will not tell you at checkout. Your country will tell you when it crosses the border, usually by sending you a letter with a request for money at the stage they value it and holding it until it is paid.

Amazon have no idea how your country will classify it for tax reasons, because some of them are really weird. Example: a GPU is the same as an Audio card to customs in most places, but a motherboard has a button battery so needs to go with smartphones and walkie talkies as there is a battery levy in many countries.