[SOLVED] Buying GPU confusing with monitor compatibility.

Feb 12, 2020
So much confusing information out there about GPU and free-sync and G-Sync compatibility.
I have an LG 34gl750-b with a 980ti the so called G-sync compatibility isn't showing in my Nvidia options.
I've ordered a RTX2070 superclock as an upgrade but worried about the usual screen tearing even with this.
Is it just best to get an AMD card as it's an adaptive synce (freesync) monitor or stick with what I got ?
Even though I can't find it again but I read the 900 series doesn't support G-sync with this monitor hence why no options under the Nvidia panel.. Anyone know anything about this stupid monitor ??

Solution
It isn't the monitor's fault... Geforce 900 series or older don' t have G-Sync support. Only Geforce 1000 series or newer have support for it.

You'll be able to activate G-Sync on the RTX 2070, because it is supported... just make sure to connect it via a display port cable.
It isn't the monitor's fault... Geforce 900 series or older don' t have G-Sync support. Only Geforce 1000 series or newer have support for it.

You'll be able to activate G-Sync on the RTX 2070, because it is supported... just make sure to connect it via a display port cable.

Solution