Question Buying GPU on amazon 3P sellers

MartynasV

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016
Hi guys, not sure if this is the best section to post this, i´m currently looking around for a GPU and have been noticing something real strange on amazon. Wanted to share here - maybe someone else seen this or bought a card from such seller and can give some actual feedback or just contribute some opinion/insight on this topic. What's going on, is it some new type of fraud? Amazon does provide protecton for buyers after all and i doubt they pay sellers immediately after someone makes a purchase, or do they?

So i been looking at Hagglezon daily (compares prices across all amazon domains - de, es, gb, it, fr in one place) and noticed that there are some cheap 1080 ti - for £300-400, although nearly all the time on DE site and often seller is marked to be sending from UK. These ads disappear within 30min of search finding them so either someone is buying everything out or those just get removed. Seller is always brand new (or with few feedbacks tops that say nothing useful). By the next day sellers' products are gone - tried to look into one from yesterday and there are no products just an account (eg ALLDEAL-UK). This happens every day, sometimes several times and obviously with different sellers which are newly registered. As this all looks suspicious decided to look into this.

Then also found 1 seller which seems somewhat related (GoodStuff5000) with only 1 total feedback and 20000 products (main difference from all the other dodgy ones) which are crazy cheap comparing to the market and is VAT registered in UK with Danish persons name on, search doesnt yield many results with any of the data found there.

Took some SS to give you example of products (as they will be gone by the time its posted) and seller product pages (different profiles) having identifal items with very significant discounts, 1080ti is not the only thing on the list there, can find 2080 for £500 (only on some) and other cheap stuff.

Sin-2.png

Sin-22.png

Sin-22222.png

Sin-222.png

Sin-t-tulo1.png

Any thoughts?

Like honestly i'd say £400 is a reasonable and realistic price for gtx 1080ti (2070S with similar performance goes for as low as £500 and is next gen), but not in current market where most of sellers still sell them for 3x and 1070/1080 can go for nearly as much, which is making me so suspicious

EDIT:
This is getting more and more interesting, now every amazon domain is flooded with this stuff.

And finally 1st ever review "Verkäufer stellt ein Lockpreisangebot ein, dass er nicht liefern kann, was ihm allerdings erst Tage später auffällt. " - saying something that seller posts prices he cannot deliver and notices only after few days. Which is clearly not accidental, really some new type of scam?

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
I have a rule, if it's too good to be true, it really isn't at all! You're located in the UK, so Scan and Ebay would be your best options if you can't narrow down a reliable seller off Amazon. Yes I too have seen some people come and go and the best practice is to avoid them if you think something's fishy.

MartynasV

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016
I have a rule, if it's too good to be true, it really isn't at all! You're located in the UK, so Scan and Ebay would be your best options if you can't narrow down a reliable seller off Amazon. Yes I too have seen some people come and go and the best practice is to avoid them if you think something's fishy.

Moving to Spain at the end of August, so currently just really looking around the internet for all sorts of sales to maybe buy some cheaper components as i am not in a rush and can use that fact to my advantage - havent had a desktop pc for couple of years as i lived in London but now plan to go back to desktop, fresh build :sneaky:

Definitely will not buy any of these. Well at least not now - will definitely keep an eye on whats going on and do plan to contact amazon with this to see maybe they can give any info about this - perhaps they're banning these accounts daily or something and can confirm that they're scams or alternatively confirm that someone been buying the items and nothing has been reported back by the buyers so it's all good.

Im just interested into others' take on this. 1080ti going to such pricing is quite a thing but couldnt find any topics discussing this online. Just wish this was true as thats the real actual value of these cards as opposed to insanely inflated prices all around.