[SOLVED] BUYING GPU

Solution
A new CPU is going to mean a new motherboard and new RAM as well. For your purposes, I'd recommend something along the lines of a third generation Ryzen 5 or 9th generation Core I5 and at least 16GB of RAM. Otherwise, I'd probably just save some money and upgrade your current system.

Upgrade your RAM to 16GB and add something like an RX-570 or GTX 1660

-Wolf sends
Nov 12, 2019
What exact model of PSU do you have?

What resolution do you game at? Your CPU will probably hold you back a fair bit with a RX 5700.
It's a 650W actually https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Power-Supply-Units/TX-Series™-TX650-—-80-PLUS®-Bronze-Certified-650-Watt-High-Performance-Power-Supply/p/CP-9020038-NA

I game at just like 1280x1024.

if I was gonna get a new CPU what one would u suggest getting that would be worth the money. I've had this 3570 for ages and it's done me well, never gave me any issues and it cost me £200.

Last edited:

Wolfshadw

Titan
A new CPU is going to mean a new motherboard and new RAM as well. For your purposes, I'd recommend something along the lines of a third generation Ryzen 5 or 9th generation Core I5 and at least 16GB of RAM. Otherwise, I'd probably just save some money and upgrade your current system.

-Wolf sends

Reactions: thumberton
Solution

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
It's a 650W actually https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Power-Supply-Units/TX-Series™-TX650-—-80-PLUS®-Bronze-Certified-650-Watt-High-Performance-Power-Supply/p/CP-9020038-NA

I game at just like 1280x1024.

if I was gonna get a new CPU what one would u suggest getting that would be worth the money. I've had this 3570 for ages and it's done me well, never gave me any issues and it cost me £200.
At that resolution I'd think your current 280X would still perform reasonably well. What exactly about your current performance isn't satisfactory? Or why are you looking to upgrade?

-Wolf sends

I'd select this as best answer, good advice.

Nov 12, 2019
At that resolution I'd think your current 280X would still perform reasonably well. What exactly about your current performance isn't satisfactory? Or why are you looking to upgrade?
One of the fans on the 280x stopped working and I replaced them but when I run like furmark my temps rocket to like 95 instantly and idk why. I cleaned the thermal paste off and blew out the head sink too and it didn’t make any difference. I’ve had this card a decent amount of time too so I thought it would be a good time to upgrade