buying gtx 980 sli but need motherboard

Urovah

Prominent
Apr 13, 2017
I have a gtx 960 and a i7 3770 lga1155 socket. I am buying two 980's from a buddy to use with SLI and since my motherboard cant even go into bios with my 960(yes its updated) i need to buy a new mobo. I dont know jack about mobo versions so if ya'll know a mobo i can buy with 2 slots for 980's+ lga1155 socket that would actually be able to go into bios that would be great. Now if there literally is none what would be a ight choice for a new mobo/cpu combo. I want to use current cpu as well as not spend a fortune but if i gotta i gotta.

Solution
So unless you are getting a super duper amazing deal on the 980s, SLI for the most part is a dead technology and in many many games will actually deliver worse performance over a single card. Its almost always better to just buy a single more powerful card.

As to answer your original question you'll probably have to try and find a used Z77 board.
So unless you are getting a super duper amazing deal on the 980s, SLI for the most part is a dead technology and in many many games will actually deliver worse performance over a single card. Its almost always better to just buy a single more powerful card.

As to answer your original question you'll probably have to try and find a used Z77 board.

Solution