Buying my first desktop.

Patrick Potato

Honorable
Feb 1, 2014
Okay, so i currently have a laptop that is literally a potato with tinfoil wrapped around it and wires stabbed into the ends. It has a 1ghz processor and no real graphics card. Anyways, im going to be buying a desktop, (prebuilt, i know :p) and im looking at the alienware x51 (the middle version) I know everyone says alienware is overpriced but i am ok with it. And building my own is not gonna work.

link: http://www.dell.com/ca/p/alienware-x51-r2/pd.aspx

I'll be using it mostly for gaming, but nothing too heavy, mostly racing games, day z, battlefield 4 if i can, garrys mod, things like that. 40-60 fps is good for me, even 30 is fine. I would like to do at least medium settings for games, as well as youtube, movies, and schoolwork. Please please PLEASE do NOT tell me to build one myself for cheaper. I wont. I simply have zero experience in pc's and i know everyone's helpful on forums but I'm positive ill screw up and i don't trust myself. so that is not even an option, (i have already looked at it lots) Anyways, I'm just wondering if this is good for me.

Specs :p

4th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-4440 Processor (6MB Cache, up to 3.30 GHz w/Intel® Turbo Boost)

Windows 7 Home Premium, 64Bit, English

8GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1600Mhz

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 645 with 1GB GDDR5

Slot-Loading Dual Layer DVD Burner (DVD±RW, CD-RW)

DW 1506 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi Wireless LAN

I plan on upgrading the graphics card as well. i know that its limited but it seems to me that a geforce gtx 660 or 660 ti will fit. And I'm also wondering if you can upgrade the power supply.

Thanks for any help! And to anyone who read this far, congratulations, you're a trooper.