Buying my first gaming PC

TonyTheMonkay

Reputable
Apr 15, 2014
I have a maximum budget of around 700 dollars, I was wondering if it would be possible to make a PC that could play any game that is currently available, they don't all have to be at ultra settings but a bit more than minimum would be nice, I would like a list of components that go well together with the brand, how much it costs and how powerful it is

GorfTheFrog

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2009
Hi TonyTheMonkay,

Have you looked at the Toms's System Builder articles? This is a set of articles that Tom's produces monthly that highlight gaming builds at different price points:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/build-your-own-budget-gaming-pc,3780.html

The articles also give you an idea of how the various builds bench-mark against each other.

Hope these articles are helpful.
Most folks on the board can whip up a list of components that will perform within a given pricing range. For me, I get more personal satisfaction from understanding the component interaction and making the choices myself.

Let us know if you have more questions ... we're all glad to help!

As AMDThunder mentioned, we need to know this first. If you have a copy of Windows you can transfer to the new PC and a good monitor already, we can spec out a decent parts list for you in the $700 range.

Also, check Gorf the Frog's links to a recent Tom's article discussing an intel and AMD build in this price range.

TonyTheMonkay

Reputable
Apr 15, 2014
I don't know a single thing about computers, I don't how which brand of mark works better with which, I don't know how to tell if a video card is good or not, I don't single a single thing at all

AMDThunder

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2006

We will help you, but you haven't answered our questions.

TonyTheMonkay

Reputable
Apr 15, 2014
I would like a monitor ( I already have one that I'm using as a second monitor with my laptop ), a mouse,a keyboard and a way to install windows 7 on it because I have nothing to do so and it would be 700$ Canadian, I could put it up to 850$ but anything past that I can't pay