Buying new CPU/mobo Need some help

Waffles_1

Commendable
Feb 11, 2017
So iv been bottle-necking my Currecnt CPU with the new black ops 4 Royale.so i thought its about time to upgrade.

here are my specs currently https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/cTZdtg

If anyone could recommend a good new Mobo and CPU Pref for overclocking in the future
Got a budget of around £400 for both(if possible save a little of it for a new Tower)

Waffles_1

Commendable
Feb 11, 2017

The list is empty =(

Waffles_1

Commendable
Feb 11, 2017

my CPU was hitting 100% whenever i loaded in and my FPS would not change by much at all when i went from high>low settings

Waffles_1

Commendable
Feb 11, 2017

Black ops 4 blackout
i was told its VERY CPU needy and that is why its hitting 100% and need a new/better CPU
But iv been looking to replace my CPU and MOBO to more of a overclocking mobo and CPU so when i get this problem again i can just boost it abit

here are the recommended requirements for playing games at 1080P at 60hz

Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 system requirements (recommended)
CPU: Intel i5-2500K / Ryzen R5 1600X
RAM: 12GB GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 / GTX 1060 6GB or AMD Radeon R9 390 / AMD RX 580
HDD: 55GB HD space
DirectX: Version 11.0 compatible video card or equivalent
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible

judging from the requirements there is something else going on with your setup

Waffles_1

Commendable
Feb 11, 2017

Feel free to help me out here http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-3815969/black-ops-fps-1060-6gb.html
They say my everything is fine its just the CPU load ( maybe a dodgey CPU )
Got Screenshots and stuff in this post

No list link , just home page.[/quotemsg]

Yea I noticed that.

Still looks like his setup is optimal so he might not even need it.

PCPartPicker part list: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/h2V8MZ
Price breakdown by merchant: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/h2V8MZ/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor (£143.86 @ Aria PC)
Motherboard: Asus - Prime X470-Pro ATX AM4 Motherboard (£164.99 @ Ebuyer)
Total: £308.85
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-11-07 15:27 GMT+0000

The strongest processor your motherboard will support would be a I7-7700K.
It sells for £275.00 or so on ebay.
Your motherboard does not support overclocking, but the K is faster at stick than the plain i7-7700.
You also get 4 more threads if that is important.

For the very fastest overclockable processor, look to the newest 9th gen intel processors and a Z390 motherboard.
Pick the number of threads you need.
i5-9600K has 6
I7-9700K has 8 and the i9-9900K has 12.
Not yet available will be the I3-9350K with 4.
All of the new K processors will overclock to the 5.0 range.

Your experiment with lowering the resolution does indicate a cpu limitation.
It is not clear if that limitation is a lack of threads or a lack of single thread performance.

Here is a back handed way to get some idea.

Limit your cpu, in windows power management, limit the maximum cpu% to something like 80%.
Go to control panel/power options/change plan settings/change advanced power settings/processor power management/maximum processor state/
This will simulate what a lack of cpu power will do.
Conversely what a 20% improvement in core speed might do.

You could also experiment with removing one or more cores/threads. You can do this in the windows msconfig boot advanced options option.
You will need to reboot for the change to take effect. Set the number of threads to less than you have.
This will tell you how sensitive your games are to the benefits of many threads.
If you see little difference, your game does not need all the threads you have.

2 core difference is the biggest thing between the 2600 and 2700 but yea about $100 more for the 2700.

However if you want to go that route, yes that would be a decent setup for now and the foreseeable future. Overclocking for Ryzen though is not as prominent as Intel. The 2700 for example typically can push to 4.3GHz which is the normal max turbo boost range for that CPU while most of Intels chips turbo boost beyond that and can typically be clocked to near 5GHz or more depending on the cores (more cores normally means less in clock speed and stability). So if you want top speed and overclocking room then Intel is the route to go.

Downside is Intel is currently more expensive. The i9 9900K is the equivalent to the Ryzen 2700X. It turbo boosts all cores to 4.7GHz and if its 2 cores 5GHz. Most samples seem to get to 5GHz on a good water cooler though on all cores. However it is $600 right now due to price gouging resellers and production issues for Intel, their 14nm is stretched thin as they have too may products using it.