Buying new cpu

gherr74

Honorable
Mar 2, 2012
hey guys, im gonna be starting my 1st new build. and was wondering which processor i should buy...intel core i7-2600k / intel core i7-2700k / or intel core i7-3820. i know there all good cpu. but which would be the best. im not going to be overclocking ( well mayb down the road ) . im just looking at the stock speeds and performance for now. . so you guys got any ideas in which 1 i should go with ? thanks guys for any info :D :pt1cable: :hello:

gherr74

Honorable
Mar 2, 2012
i do alot of encoding/ plus i would like to encode while playn my games. i know with the i7 4 core -8 threads .would be great.. but i dont know which i7 to get or are they all about the same..as in spped and performance wise..i dont wanna spend $100 -$200 xtra if i can get an i7 for $280 - instead of $350 -$400 that will perform the same..if you know whatta mean.. :sol: :D ;)

Wait for IB if you can. At the least it will reduce the cost of SB's, and it might offer a better value for your money.

For SB, i5-2500K is currently the champ per performance / price ratio. i7's are the exact same CPU but with HT enabled, some things HT really helps on, others not so much, up to you if you want the spend for it. Also realize your spending $100+ USD just for HT, that's money that could go to a better GPU or SSD.