[SOLVED] Buying New Gaming Rig - any potential problems?

Varun_B

Reputable
Sep 5, 2016
Hey folks!

I've locked down on the following rig. Primarily for gaming but I'm also planning to do some light editing. Just wanted to get a few fresh eyes on the parts before pressing the buy button!

Here it is:
Ryzen 7 3700x
Gigabyte X570 Gaming X motherboard
G.Skill Trident Z 3200 DDR4 2x8
WD Green M.2 SSD 480 GB
Corsair CX650M semi modular PSU
NZXT H510

I've already got:
Hyper 212 Evo (from previous system)
1TB HDD (reformattable from previous system)
Gigabyte Windforce RTX 2070 Super

I'm ready to go, just a last minute check.

Thanks folks!

What speed is the RAM? The sweet spot is 3200-3600 MHz with a CL of 16. I’d also go for a better quality psu, while the CX650M is plenty of wattage it’s quality is mediocre. A gaming build puts the psu under high load for long periods of time (gaming). If a psu fails connected components can get damaged.

Varun_B

Reputable
Sep 5, 2016
What speed is the RAM? The sweet spot is 3200-3600 MHz with a CL of 16. I’d also go for a better quality psu, while the CX650M is plenty of wattage it’s quality is mediocre. A gaming build puts the psu under high load for long periods of time (gaming). If a psu fails connected components can get damaged.
The RAM is 3200 MHz. Could get a slightly faster kit but I like the RGB :p. What PSU would you recommend around the same price?

Varun_B

Reputable
Sep 5, 2016
I feel your system deserves something like this. This is what I have in my own system https://www.scan.co.uk/products/650...-platinum-sli-crossfire-single-rail-54a-135mm

There is a slightly cheaper option, still decent but not quite as good https://www.scan.co.uk/products/650...modular-single-rail-51a-plus-12v-120mm-fan-at
Okay so I'm looking at the Corsair 650W TXM, one question though. If I'm not mistaken the one one Amazon ships with a US standard power cable. There won't be an issue if I swap that out for a UK standard right? (Since I'm from India)

Im running 3200 until lower latency 3600 gets a little less pricey.

You have a really nice build.