Apr 9, 2021
Hello everyone who's reading this!My questions might be stupid but im no expert.Just a newbie who has to make sure that everything is compatible and will run fine.I was planning on buying a new gpu cuz i felt like gtx1650s 4gb wasn't enough.My problem was not with the gpu itslef its with the 4gb vram.
I was planning on buying a rx5700xt 8gb or an rtx 3060 or atleast something that has more vram and capable of doing 1440p 60fps gaming.

My current specs:

Cpu: Ryzen7 2700 8core-16thread
Gpu: Gigabyte Gtx 1650super 4gb
Mobo:A320M-S2H
RAM:2x8gb
PSU:Cooler Master MWE 500W 230V (MPE-5001-ACABW )model number.
Case:Masterbox lite 3.1

I've heard from other people that the wattage should be enough but the thing that matters the most is how quality is the psu itself.I can't really find it out on my own cuz im still no expert just a newbie.

Is RX5700xt/RTX 3060 is ok with this system or is this stupid should plan on something else?

If its stupid then please recommend me a gpu that has atleast 8gb of vram and whats capable for 1440p 60fps gaming.

Thank you in anticipation!

-Harléquin

Solution
So. The 5700xt draws around 270/290 w on full load. You having a baseline quality 500w makes me a bit anxious. It's not a very good quality psu. It's a basic baseline. I would definitely thinking of upgrading that. I would atleast get a 650w. Give a look at the list someone put together on another forum (i don't think i can link directly since it's another forum, google "psu cultist" and you should find it). I would look into the tier B list and see what you can find in your region. If you want my suggestions a bunch of recommendations would be the sharkoon silentstorm cool zero serie, the itec gf serie, antec ea serie, seasonic core serie and corsair cx grey serie. Those are my personal favorite.

Putting a 5700xt on a 2700 is...

David0ne86

Prominent
Mar 11, 2021
So. The 5700xt draws around 270/290 w on full load. You having a baseline quality 500w makes me a bit anxious. It's not a very good quality psu. It's a basic baseline. I would definitely thinking of upgrading that. I would atleast get a 650w. Give a look at the list someone put together on another forum (i don't think i can link directly since it's another forum, google "psu cultist" and you should find it). I would look into the tier B list and see what you can find in your region. If you want my suggestions a bunch of recommendations would be the sharkoon silentstorm cool zero serie, the itec gf serie, antec ea serie, seasonic core serie and corsair cx grey serie. Those are my personal favorite.

Putting a 5700xt on a 2700 is completely fine also, so don't worry, especially if you plan gaming at 1440p. As i said, i would SERIOUSLY consider a psu upgrade, both in quality and wattage (650 bare minimum).

Last edited:
Solution

David0ne86

Prominent
Mar 11, 2021
Thank you!So everything would work fine expect the psu that i have to upgrade to 650w if i understood correctly.
Thank you for the suggestions also i will have a look.
Yes, exactly that. Go for a 650 w of the models i suggested, they should not cost above 100 usd/100 eu depending on where you live. A lesson for future reference, NEVER CHEAP OUT ON PSU. Hope you'll find what you need man :)