Buying New Graphics card

VanDyack

Reputable
Jul 22, 2017
hello, im looking forward to buy a new graphics card, the thing that i need help with is, i dont know if my power source would handle it, including the connections, the Card that i want to buy is a EVGA GTX 1060 (the single fan), and the power supply i have is a COOLER MASTER EXTREME 2 525 i really wanna upgrade my pc, but i dont wanna screw up, and waste money for nothing. one last thing, do my motherboard will support it? its a ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0
thanks for the time
Greatings

Solution
I am sure that the motherboard will accept the 1060 but am very unsure about the COOLER MASTER EXTREME 2 525 because just been reading many comments and they say thats the psu is low quality one!

XxDarkMarioxX

Respectable
Dec 25, 2016
I am sure that the motherboard will accept the 1060 but am very unsure about the COOLER MASTER EXTREME 2 525 because just been reading many comments and they say thats the psu is low quality one!

Solution

Lumpus

Reputable
May 1, 2015
/agree
Pick a mid-range Platinum level PSU from Corsair, EVGA, Seasonic or Thermaltake only
//Corsair's PSU's are mostly made by Thermaltake and then rebranded
///Check Corsair's Refurb site for a good sale price (maybe even better during July 4th weekend