Buying new PC

Jess11

Reputable
Dec 29, 2014
My husband and my self spend a lot of time on PC. He reads papers and plays Facebook games. I surf the net, use email, play Facebook games and use it for photos, videos and listening to podcasts. Our son uses it occasionally for Fifa and Football Manager.
There are a fewfew walls between where PC will be and the UPC modem. At the moment WiFi is good on my smart phone there, but weak on my PC, so we use Power line plugs which work OK.
What should I look out for when buying new PC?
Understand PC specs and technology fairly well, not not confident buying new PC that I'm hoping will be good for 5/6 years.
Should I buy a PC in somewhere like PC World or would I be better getting one made to measure? Where?
Was looking at Chillblast Fusion Obelisk. Its 700 sterling. Would it be way over the top for what I need? Love my computer and would love a really good one( i5 maybe?). I can spend up to €1000. Looking forward to replies.

Solution
I build all my computers so I don't know what is out there pre-built. However, I do have opinions on specs.
Anything above these specs really have a specific use case. For example, going for an i7 because of some special programs(Rendering) will take advantage of the extra threads. Gaming generally isn't one of them.

CPU: i5 (Any generation works really, haswell has lowest power usage)
Ram: 8 gigs (ddr3 1600mhz, you only need more for video editing)
Discrete graphics: So many options here, but graphics cards that can game on 1080p are pretty cheap.
SSD: one of the best things to have that help a PC feel snappy.

That chillblast looks pretty good...
I build all my computers so I don't know what is out there pre-built. However, I do have opinions on specs.
Anything above these specs really have a specific use case. For example, going for an i7 because of some special programs(Rendering) will take advantage of the extra threads. Gaming generally isn't one of them.

CPU: i5 (Any generation works really, haswell has lowest power usage)
Ram: 8 gigs (ddr3 1600mhz, you only need more for video editing)
Discrete graphics: So many options here, but graphics cards that can game on 1080p are pretty cheap.
SSD: one of the best things to have that help a PC feel snappy.

That chillblast looks pretty good.
http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/pcs/1401411/chillblast-fusion-obelisk-review/specifications
Are the specs I see. It looks like a pretty good deal also.

Solution