Buying on sales

huntsman

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
hello what i was thinking of is buying componets that are on sales and build a full computer and then sell it, but i dont know really if that would work very good as either way the cost of buying the hardware and selling the full pc wont be much of a difference in think. Just let me know what u think about this.

gobblock882

Distinguished
May 29, 2010
also your main market (computer illiterate people) are not going to want to go through you, as they will probably just want to go drop a few hundred at best buy and be done with it.

anyone who knows their *** wont really be a high profit margin client.

gobblock882

Distinguished
May 29, 2010
1: remember that your going to have to find someone who wants the system and who has a need and pricerange for that system.

2: if you have to sit on your stock for more than a few months your 'sale' price will be the new retail and you will be lucky to break even.

3: if you have to ask you probably dont know enough

4: i would be suspect of anyone who gives you much help in this area, as anyone who is really good at it got that way by doing it and wont want competition

basically sit down a spreadsheet grind some numbers. It wouldnt be a bad idea to do some 'fake' sales to see exactly what you can actually get for what

huntsman

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
yeah but alot of ppl buy dell and shyt like that, and once i get by selling to friends and their friends then it may spread around and might be just enough to make some money, and another questions is totally different but how do u connect a lcd to dvd player cuz i need a monitor in my garage and a dvd player and i have a 15in monitor sitting around but the only thing it got is vga