Buying PC Games from Gametap

tical2399

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2009
I'm thinking about buying Darksiders on PC through gametap as opposed to steam or D2D because pre ordering it gives a copy of Company of Heroes. What I want to know is do you have to have some kinda client installed (like steam) to play PC games you buy?

I don't want buy a game and then the company discontinues the service then I can't access the game anymore. So do you need to play purchased games through a gametap client or are the games yours on your HDD free and clear once you buy it??

You will likely need to verify your legal copy of the game via their servers. If the servers are down for whatever reason then you likely unable to play the game until those servers are up again.

It will never be "free and clear" once you buy it 'cause what is stopping you from giving it to your friends for free?

tical2399

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2009
Ok I'll get it some other way then. I'm not a fan of that "its never yours" mentality that comes with digital downloads. Also I wanna play my games when I want, not when the servers decide to work. Thanks for the reply.