Question Buying PC hardware on Mindfactory.de

ZuRriX

Reputable
Jul 14, 2019
I am interested in your experiences.

From most of the bad reviews I have seen, it is ALMOST ALL of them being about shipping and how the shippings were delayed. Since they don't ship out outside of Germany anymore (pretty sure because of this exact reason, the bad reviews) and I myself don't live in Germany, but I do have someone who lives in Germany and will take the package for me, I am interested in people who have ordered from the site and do live in Germany.

Once again, interested in the experiences of people who live in Germany and who have ordered from this site. Did you have problems with damaged components, bad warranties, customer support etc.

I'd love to hear about it.

Ralston18

Titan
I do not, full disclosure, live in Germany nor have I purchased anything from Mindfactory.

But bad reviews are bad reviews and even if the main reason seems to be shipping that is still a red flag.

Frankly, I understand that shipping can be problematic especially when going across international borders, adhering to customs' regulations, taxes/tariffs, etc..

Any company dealing with international sales knows (or should know) that a well organized and well run shipping department is a must.

Does not make sense to me to "retreat" to just shipping within Germany. Versus addressing and fixing the shipping problems.

Plus that decision was made at about 2 years ago. Reference:

https://linustechtips.com/main/topi...-sales-policy-no-shipping-outside-of-germany/

Take a closer look at the times and dates of other bad reviews.

Something else may be going on and I would be concerned about the potential reasons for the next round of "bad reviews".

Do some additional research on Mindfactory.

E.g.: a more recent link:

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.mindfactory.de

The trade-off for you is how much money you might lose if you pay for an order that never gets shipped (even within Germany), arrives DOA, or may be completely wrong and there is no recourse for you to recover the loss.

ZuRriX

Reputable
Jul 14, 2019
I do not, full disclosure, live in Germany nor have I purchased anything from Mindfactory.

But bad reviews are bad reviews and even if the main reason seems to be shipping that is still a red flag.

Frankly, I understand that shipping can be problematic especially when going across international borders, adhering to customs' regulations, taxes/tariffs, etc..

Any company dealing with international sales knows (or should know) that a well organized and well run shipping department is a must.

Does not make sense to me to "retreat" to just shipping within Germany. Versus addressing and fixing the shipping problems.

Plus that decision was made at about 2 years ago. Reference:

https://linustechtips.com/main/topi...-sales-policy-no-shipping-outside-of-germany/

Take a closer look at the times and dates of other bad reviews.

Something else may be going on and I would be concerned about the potential reasons for the next round of "bad reviews".

Do some additional research on Mindfactory.

E.g.: a more recent link:

https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.mindfactory.de

The trade-off for you is how much money you might lose if you pay for an order that never gets shipped (even within Germany), arrives DOA, or may be completely wrong and there is no recourse for you to recover the loss.

I did actually read the reviews on trustpilot and that is the exact reason why I made this thread.
The 1 star (BAD) reviews are about the following complaints:
  1. Old reviews complaining about the delivery in any way, shape or form to their country, because they are outside of Germany. I don't why anyone would actually order anything from a foreign site if they have not verified it beforehand, especially easily breakable PC hardware (even though those weren't the complaints, but how the company moves their orders from 2/3 days to 14 or more days of shipping. If I were to buy something that expensive, I wouldn't look to save 20€ but would buy it from a trusted source with a good history behind it and a good shipping policy, like Amazon, if I was even to buy something outside of my country. Also, I wouldn't order something from a country across-the-world far away (Germany is not 'across the world' in regards to UK, but saving 30£ on a GPU and waiting and dealing with additional shipping costs if you ever needed to send it back for repairs instead of just buying it in UK in the first place is just very stupid in my opinion). So, that doesn't hold water.
  2. Dumb people. Just very dumb people who don't realize that you cannot any longer place any orders outside of Germany, unless you have a customer VAT-ID, which basically means you either need to be a company or an entrepreneur to have a registered VAT-ID, which they explain to people, but they are too stupid to understand. So, if MindFactory didn't have a good shipping policy and they were aware of this but they either couldn't change it or didn't even want to, it's actually a good sign that a company doesn't want to do international shipping anymore, if they didn't have a good system, instead of being * [Moderator edit to remove profanity - remember this is a family friendly forum.] about it and not changing their policy at all.
  3. The last and only valid 1 star reviews are in regards to a coal whine on an VEGA 64 that came back with the same whine and came back one more tine with the same problem. Another person complained that they don't answer his emails. That's it.
So, the only bad 1 star reviews are about AN ACTUAL PROBLEM (the GPU coal whine problem) and a guy nit getting a reply (not saying it's not bad, but nothing compared to the first and only problem).

And yes, I know they don't ship out outside if Germany anymore (this is since August of 2017. as far as known).
I did my research and read a ton, but still want people from Germany to give me their opinions, since there is A MUCH SMALLER chance of something breaking if it is delivered by a truck directly to your German home address, instead of it going by a plane, a boat, a truck, a horse and a turtle.

I will be reading 2 star reviews now and let you know if I find anything useful.

Last edited by a moderator: