thanks for the link! but that looks like a single channel
i am on a budget...but im also reevaluating all the performance tricks
im trying to get 1333 Mhz Dual channel with a less latency as possible
obviously a big ask for on a budget...thats why i was falling for ebay

kefan77

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
then I'd get this instead. it's CL7.

CL6 retail at about 40 GBP per 2GB stick, so CL7 is the best you can get with your budget.

http://pcsuppliers.co.uk/product_K-KHX1333C7AD3--2G/Kingston_HyperX_2GB_1x2GB_1333MHz_DDR3SDRAM_Unbuffered_NonECC_CL7_DIMM_Memory.htm

buy 2 sticks, AFAIK, it's the motherboard that decides if you run single or dual channel. so if you put 2 identical sticks in the correct slots of dual channel motherboard, it will run as dual channel.

I personally bought no-name ram from ebay in past, but stopped doing that a while ago. it's not worth it. Sometimes I do buy used RAM there too, but only if it's branded.

But for a peace of mind, go for brand name from reputable seller. Those few pounds extra are worth it.

thedesolatesoul

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011

so i guess i have been confused with this marketing gimmick...i thought dual channel ddr3 was packaged in a different was to allow it...but if any ram can run in dual channel then why the distinction...in that case i wont worry about it...

you are right i should go to a reputable seller...that kingstons hyperX looks good to me...thanks alot