Question Buying the right case

holmesc

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2016
Hey guys, i'll be heading to a local store to look at cases soon and I wanted to ask how many fans the B450 mother board https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...b5b4123e2cc03bf92da2e77b2a7d65&language=en_US
supports. I was told that if motherboards can't support it then there's no point adding more fans. I'm honestly fine with two fans but some cases may come with more, so I wanted to be aware where my money is spent.

Thanks a bunch!

U folks buying cases have no aesthetic consideration? no personal likes? 'cuz seems like a personal thing to me, like shoes, and if I like certain shoes, dang it, am gonna skip a few lunches to get THAT one, and everything else is secondary, well big enough to fit everything you want to put in important too I guess :)

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
The Gigabyte AORUS Elite has 1x cpu fan header and 3x system fan headers, so you could easily support upto 24 case fans and 8 cpu fans.

Yes, you can run an 8way hub from a single pwm header, or a 4way powered splitter or 2/3way straight splitters. Motherboard fan headers are not a limitation on fan amounts in a case, only on which fans are controlled by which header.

Get the case that appeals to you, you will have to look at it a good long while, every day. Just take cpu cooling and gpu into consideration, you'll not want an uber slim design or one that only has 2x 120mm fan ports if planning on large cooler, aio or gpu usage.