Distinguished
Oct 21, 2015
I really need to update my GPU. System specs are:

Gigabyte z97x-gaming 7 Motherboard
Intel i7-4790k
Msi GTX 750ti 2gb Gpu
22gb Ram
EVGA Supernova 850w gold

I can play some of my games with it and not have too much of an issue, but tried games like cod vanguard, warzone, fortnite isn't too bad. Plus most games require more than a minimum of 2gb.
Just not sure what gpu to go with and what would be best for my specs

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Depends on what you have to spend really. RTX3050 or RX6600 are somewhat reasonably priced and offer a huge improvement over what you have. But you have the PSU for much more.

I would probably stop at the 6700XT and RTX 3070 if you intend to keep that processor for a while. But that very much depends on the resolution you intend to run, if you are going for 4K, then get the biggest GPU you can afford. If you are sticking with 1080p, then the above is the top end that makes sense with your system.

But if you plan to replace the CPU/Motherboard/Ram in the near future, pick a GPU that you like.

TigerJonny

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2015
Depends on what you have to spend really. RTX3050 or RX6600 are somewhat reasonably priced and offer a huge improvement over what you have. But you have the PSU for much more.

I would probably stop at the 6700XT and RTX 3070 if you intend to keep that processor for a while. But that very much depends on the resolution you intend to run, if you are going for 4K, then get the biggest GPU you can afford. If you are sticking with 1080p, then the above is the top end that makes sense with your system.

But if you plan to replace the CPU/Motherboard/Ram in the near future, pick a GPU that you like.

Thanks. Yeah only looking to replace my gpu at the moment. Been looking at 1660's and 3050's, not really too bothered about going 4k

As long as I can play my games at a decent quality and possibly stream I'm happy